A GPS also known as Global Positioning System is a modern technology that serves the purpose of tracking or rather locating the actual position of objects in this case taxis. With the rising population, more taxi drivers are increasing on our roads each subsequent year and therefore, there is high insecurity for these drivers. A GPS system should be installed in these vehicles to maximize security.
To operate and ensure smooth flow of activities for taxi cabs in a high populated area for example, is somehow difficult. That is the reason why use of GPS systems in managing a taxi fleet makes work easier. Literally, a fleet manager is joined to the taxi fleet to ensure their easier management and control. Smooth operations, reduced operation expenses and increased profit margins are few among the many added advantages of installing taxi cabs with the GPS systems. Here is an overview of how it works.
IMPORTANCE OF USING A GPS SYSTEM IN TAXI FLEET MANAGEMENT
1. Time saving because drivers reach the pick-up locations quickly due to control of the vehicles networks.
2. Improved resource distribution because the people who actually control the taxi fleet can track where everyone is at once.
3. Traffic jams are bypassed due to the GPS systems. Dispatchers update the taxi drivers on the traffic conditions ahead and give them alternatives in order to save time and ensure reduced delays. This also gives them an opportunity to choose routes that need less fuel consumption and hence saves fuel usage.
4. Easy record keeping. The data that is obtained from the GPS system is normally saved and kept in records for future references.
5. Safety. Whenever a taxi cab driver is attacked and the vehicle stolen, GPS system usually provides information in order to track the suspects and hence this makes operations fast and simpler. Chances of accidents occurring are also lowered by a greater percentage because the drivers are aware that they are being monitored.
6. Accuracy of routes in case a controversy arises
7. Because of tracking, drivers use the best and quickest routes and these result in client adherence.
8. Small charges like overcrowding charges in other countries are avoided.
9. A taxi business becomes more competitive when you use a GPS system in fleet management. This is because of the reduced expenses and increased profits.
Taxi cab companies that have not embraced the GPS technology usually suffer greater losses because vehicles are mostly stolen and customers do not appreciate much of their services. That is why I encourage the taxi cab companies to adopt the GPS tracking system technology to receive satisfaction, ensure easy management of taxi fleet and to ensure acceleration of the taxi business.